Bodgit and Leggit Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine Emission Control: EGR: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Installation

3 posters

Go down

Engine Emission Control: EGR: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Installation Empty Engine Emission Control: EGR: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Installation

Post by bigbear1963 Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Hello everyone. This is more of a nerdy technical question, because I'm replacing a Differential Pressure Feedback EGR [DPFE] unit which was badly damaged, and the hose connections were missing on my '99 Ford Contour SVT (Mondeo Mk2 body style) [ 2.5L V6 ]. I've checked the Ford Workshop Manual on this, and found no answer.

I have a question regarding attaching the hoses: Should I simply push the hoses onto the connections for the DPFE, and the other side? Or, should I use a clamp, zip-tie, or sealant to hold them in place? I'm leaning towards no clamps. My shop manual shows no clamps, and makes no mention of them, either.

Does anyone know for sure?

Last edited by bigbear1963 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The image link creates a large image, which doesn't fit the format of the page, so only a portion of the image is viewable.)
bigbear1963
bigbear1963

Back to top Go down

Engine Emission Control: EGR: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Installation Empty Re: Engine Emission Control: EGR: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Installation

Post by Bodgit and Leggit Garage Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi mate just to be on the safe side I would use a jubilee clip no harm no foul
Bodgit and Leggit Garage
Bodgit and Leggit Garage
Admin

https://bodgitandleggitforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Engine Emission Control: EGR: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Installation Empty Re: Engine Emission Control: EGR: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Installation

Post by bigbear1963 Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Thanks again, mate. I will have to stop at the store to pick some of them up. "Jubilee" as a brand is not popular here, so I did have to Google it, to find out what it was! LOL!!
bigbear1963
bigbear1963

Back to top Go down

Post by ConnorTk Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:39 pm

They are called different things all around the world, in the UK they are Jubilee clips, i do recommend getting the ones you can use a flat head screwdriver on, if you use thee ones that take a 7mm socket, they tend to ever tighten and break. Is a pain in the ass when its a radiator pipe and you find theres a leak, and all your coolant you have just put in, dissapears lol!
ConnorTk
ConnorTk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbear1963 Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Thanks, Connor.
My DPFE hoses are only about 125mm in diameter, so I think I can use spring clips because the pressures are not that great, and as a matter of fact, I don't want to cause any carbon plugging, so if they do happen to blow off, I'd rather that, than blowing up my DPFE sensor, as what caused me to have to replace it. Plus, the area I have to work: behind the engine, near the fire wall, does not provide much room to play with, so I think spring clips are the way to go for now.
bigbear1963
bigbear1963

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbear1963 Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Just to wrap up the conversation, I have installed the new DPFE sensor, with the new hoses, and the the engine is running much better. I do notice the performance increase, although I believe it could be better. Thanks for all of your helpful suggestions!!
bigbear1963
bigbear1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodgit and Leggit Garage Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:36 pm

With a good service to that can improve on for performance
Bodgit and Leggit Garage
Bodgit and Leggit Garage
Admin

https://bodgitandleggitforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbear1963 Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:17 pm

I did the fuel filter. I could change the oil, and plugs. I'm not sure when the wires were changed last. I still need to sort out the power steering issues. Lots of work to do!
bigbear1963
bigbear1963

Back to top Go down

Post by ConnorTk Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:55 pm

Heya bud, the thing i would recommend beford you go spending loads of money, is buy a bottle of the power steering fluid your car used, and replace the fluid, half the time that sorts issues, it could be because your fluid is old, if it doesnt then look into other options!

Connor
ConnorTk
ConnorTk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Engine Emission Control: EGR: Differential Pressure Feedback EGR Installation Empty Jubilee Clamps!

Post by bigbear1963 Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:46 am

I discovered the importance of Jubilee clamps today, as one of my DPFP hoses blew off, and was lost! HAHAHAHA!! Mad
bigbear1963
bigbear1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down